Holiday gift giving advice from the mobile experts at Bitmo
Heads up, lovers. Valentine’s Day is next week! And because we can’t let you go into the dark and scary world of red-covered retail solo, Bitmo is here to give you a few last minute tips for gift giving.
1. Know your partner. Whether it’s a new relationship, 20-year marriage, or flirty friendship, think hard about the little things that make your significant other’s day. At a loss? Consider this — according to a 2015 Ebates.com survey, recipients said their top two Valentine’s Day “wants” were an experience and an evening out.
2. The romance is in the details. Are you planning on taking your sweetie to dinner? Make a reservation. The best time to do that was probably a month ago. The second best time? Right now. Take the thoughtfulness up a notch by buying your partner something they can wear that evening. Think through the date from start to finish and plan, plan, plan — right down to the Lyft you’ll need after the drinks start flowing.
3. Think February 14th is a ridiculous Hallmark holiday? You’re not alone. Go rogue with an anti-Valentine’s Day celebration. Show you care with one sweet gesture every day next week. Need ideas? Send a mobile gift card your boo can redeem instantly to cover their AM latte or afternoon snack. Tape a hand-written note on the bathroom mirror or steering wheel.
4. Go mobile! Last year, Bing reported nearly half of its Valentine’s Day searches were conducted via smartphone. Further, 36% of searchers used an app to buy their S/O’s gift. What does that mean to you? You can most likely plan the entire day without making a phone call or trip to the mall. From Yelp and OpenTable to Bitmo, you have endless opportunities to get it right (read — not screw up).
5. Remember that dates don’t have to cost an arm and a leg. Class up your usual “Netflix and chill” routine with an easy dinner for two. Make an otherwise-tired pasta fancy with homemade sauce and fresh herbs. Stock up on a few new candles, a seasonal bouquet from a local florist, and the fanciest-looking wine label you can find within your budget. Do it your way.
If our list doesn’t help you, it might be time for a gifter-vention. Tweet us your woes and we’ll help you out. Remember, come Wednesday this will all be forgotten. Just make sure you don’t need to be forgiven.